Thursday, April 26, 2012

Organic and Contemporary

      Organic contemporary spaces are soothing, and subtle, and clean. Here are some inspiration photos I found that utilize these characteristics.

      In my own personal designs for clients I like to use natural organic looking materials in modern forms. Honed limestone and travertine are beautiful to use for surface materials, natural stone has such character and authenticity, I like to use natural honed sealed limestone for my countertops, and rectangular staggered tiles for my showers with minimal grout lines.
   
     Walnut is a beautiful wood to use for custom veneered cabinets if you can match the veneers, you can create a beautiful backdrop for your kitchen. Walnut has a natural ash color in it that is beautiful and looks beautiful in its natural state. If you want a simple no patterned slab cabinet , rift cut oak is the way to go.








No comments:

Post a Comment